The Center at The Psychiatric Institute
Inpatient ~ Day Program Partial Hospitalization ~ Intensive Outpatient
Specialty care for posttraumatic stress disorder includes rapid stabilization and skilled intervention. Our innovative treatment model focuses on training individuals in self-management skills using stage-oriented, cognitive and behavioral strategies. Treatment also includes problem-solving techniques with special focus on identifying skills patients can use during treatment and after discharge.
For more information about The Center at The Psychiatric Institute of Washington, visit their website >
The Day Center
The Day Center provides a structured environment where patients receive specialized, intensive treatment to address acute symptoms associated with posttraumatic stress and other behavioral conditions.
Treatment includes individualized and group therapy with a focus on coping and self-management skills. Group therapy sessions are designed to stimulate discussion and promote impulse control and interpersonal interaction. Specific negotiation skills, safety plans and relapse prevention techniques are taught during group and individual therapy sessions.
The Day Center offers two levels of intensity:
- Partial Hospitalization — four or five days of treatment each week dedicated to helping prevent inpatient admission or to shorten an acute inpatient stay.
- Intensive Outpatient — a two to three-day a week program designed to help patients struggling with chronic or intermittent work and social dysfunction.
Individualized treatment plans are developed to
- Encourage maximum levels of functioning
- Expedite the transition to less intensive levels of treatment
- Offer flexible scheduling to accommodate a transition to work
Available Treatment Groups
- Goal setting focuses on identifying issues patients face and establishes a framework for clinical care
- Group Psychotherapy addresses personal safety and effective expression and management of feelings and to learn and practice interpersonal skills
- Psych-Education/Life Skills dedicated to trauma recovery, coping skills, emotional regulation and problem solving
- Expressive Therapy identifies safe, contained expression and management of emotions using art therapy and writing